Friday, March 7, 2014


Tuesday, March 4, 2014 

James 1:22 "But be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."

“What do you want to do? What is something that you would do if you weren’t holding back?” This was the question posed to me by a coworker during lunch one fine afternoon. My mind drew somewhat of a blank….and I say somewhat because in the far back corners of my mind I had an idea, but my mouth wouldn’t release the thoughts. You know that feeling where your mind is spinning with a gazillion thoughts but you feel that you can't organize them into a simple statement??? Well, that's where I was.....

Truth is that I KNOW that what I’m doing now is NOT what I want to do for the rest of my life. It poses no challenges, no adventure, no rush of adrenaline or emotion. Work is...well, work to me....My job can't compare to what my heart is yearning to do. So WHAT DO I WANT TO DO?????

I would like to teach, share messages that God so easily puts on my heart. I want to share those thoughts that I’ve jotted down after being awakened in the middle of the night….the phrases that God has given me that flourish into thoughts, ideas, messages that I’ve kept hidden away in the dark, secret corners where no one can see.

I want to write devotions, words of encouragement that will uplift, help and carry others on when they feel that there’s no hope, no happiness, no more fight left in them. I want to share my own experiences with others and let them know that life will get better after the storm…that we’re not promised perfect, rainbow colored lives, but promised to be carried through the storm and the tough times to a place where we can see the rainbow colors on the clear horizon.

So, what am I doing to get there? Nothing……nothing because of fear; nothing because of lack of opportunity; nothing because I’ve never allowed anyone to see into the secret corners of my  heart; nothing because I’ve allowed the enemy to lie to me saying that I’m not worthy, not ready, not eloquent enough. Nothing………

Oftentimes we hide in our comfort zone because it's....comfortable. We sit in our comfy, hidden, quiet, easy to live with area....and as long as no one sees our secret potential we're fine. But we haven't been created to sit hidden away and comfy? God created us with gifts, talents, potential and for a purpose.

So we need to do SOMETHING, because the longer we sit doing NOTHING the more unhappy and unaccomplished we'll feel. We need to stop deceiving ourselves, as stated in James 1:22. Stop playing the tapes in our head of the lies we've allowed to infiltrate our heart. For we have been fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). We need to unlock our potential and start doing the things that God has equipped us to do.

So, as stated in 2 Timothy 1:6, "Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of hands."

Let's get up out of our comfort zones and do SOMETHING!




 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment